Rocky Road Cookies
125g (4oz) butter (softened)
125g (4oz) soft brown sugar
1 medium egg (beaten)
50g (2oz) Milk chocolate (chopped)
125g (4oz) plain flour
1tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
50g (2oz) White chocolate (chopped)
25g (1oz) mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180º (375ºF, gas mark 4). Line two baking sheets with baking paper. Use an electric whisk to cream sugar and butter together.
- Beat in the egg. Then stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and half the chunks of milk and white chocolates
- Place dessert spoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them well apart. Flatten slightly and bake for 5 minutes, until edges are starting to get firm.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Immediately sprinkle them with the marshmallows and remaining chocolate chunks, pressing them down into the cookies
- Return the cookies to the oven for a further 5-6 minutes or until slightly soft to touch. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack